Wednesday 17 February 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday - not the weekly day for emptying the ashcan, but the start of the annual Christian season of Lent.

Forty Days leading up to Easter, not including the Sundays, which are Feast Days.

I wonder if you are planning to Fast during Lent. Will you change anything in your life, for the duration of this season, to help you come closer to God, to understand better his plan and purpose for your life.

Lent lasts until Easter Sunday on April 4th.

I haven't yet decided what I will change in my life, but I think I will be doing something, or maybe not doing something!

Feel free to share with us what changes you are considering, planning, or even doing.

Last year's Lenten projects were a real adventure.
If you are doing a Lenten project this year then I would be pleased to hear of it.

I'm not sure if it appropriate to bid people 'Happy Lent', but I pray that God will speak to you during this season of Lent, and that you will know his love, joy and peace, and happiness!

Happy Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment