Thursday 26 February 2009

Labyrinth Wriggles into Life

Yesterday evening was also the launch of our Labyrinth project. Perhaps the tea, coffee, and scones, at the start pepped up our energy levels as we dived into this new project.

It was great to see people's enthusiasm as they took on ownership of the various scenes that they will create for the Labyrinth. Each scene will have a group of people developing the concept and design, and then going on to create the scene.

At least one scene will have a floral centre, another will have a photographic theme, another will have a sewing focus, and so on. There will be a range of crafts and art associated with each scene, and there is still plenty of room for more people to join in and either lead a scene team, or help with one of the scenes.

The next Labyrinth meeting will be on Tuesday 3rd March at 2pm in Winchburgh Church session room. New helpers will be very welcome, and we appreciate that not everyone will be able to come to each meeting. Many people will prepare their contribution in their own home, or with others in their homes.

The layout is yet to be designed and we will need manual labour to collect and create some of the core scene items, and also to set up the Labyrinth. Volunteers will also be needed on Good Friday (April 10th) to host members of our church and community to visit the Labyrinth.

So if you would like to help, but aren't sure how, then please contact Marion, Jean, or Stewart. There's bound to be something you can help with!

2 comments:

  1. So there I sat in the launch meeting, all sceptical about the theme of the fig tree, and said so. I didn't see how it was going to fit in at all. Then to my surprise I heard my voice saying "I'll tackle the fig tree". Hmmm.
    So now having had time to mull it over, I think I know where I'm going with it (watch and see!). And more important, I recalled some wise words of CS Lewis: it's the stories in the Bible and those aspects of faith that you find hardest to understand and accept that you need to take time to work at, and not just push away. Lesson learned......anyone else feeling brave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people seem to be pushing out the boat into deep water. That's how I feel anyway! Keep mulling. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome!

    ReplyDelete